11 JULY IS THE DAY FOR CHANGE! The Sustainable Mobility Promotion Day will run simultaneously in two Triglav National Park areas of heavy traffic, i.e. in Bohinj and Polog the Tolminka River Valley. The Municipality of Bohinj, the Municipality of Tolmin, the Triglav National Park Public Institute and the Julian Alps Community invite you to have a car-free experience of these two locations, breathe in the silence and, in so doing, support the contemporary trends of responsible, sustainable and environmentally-friendly visitation of Triglav National Park.
WHERE IN BOHINJ?
The day of promoting sustainable mobility and the slowing down of the traffic will take place in Ribčev Laz, one of the most stunning parts of Bohinj in the Triglav National Park.
- To protect nature and biodiversity in Bohinj
- To reduce motorised traffic in alpine valleys
- To improve the visitor experience of the Bohinj lake area
Park your vehicle in the free or low-fare car parks in Bohinjska Bistrica and Ribčev Laz and go to Ukanc:
- on foot,
- by bike,
- by free bus
- by boat (Ribčev Laz–Ukanc. free one way).
WITH E-BIKES FROM RIBČEV LAZ TO THE SAVICA WATERFALL
- Meeting point: market Ribčev Laz
- Time: 10 am
- Free admission (entrance fee for the Savica Waterfall)
- Bookings: till 3 pm on 9 July 2020 (15 e-bikes available)
- Note: E-mountain bikes are not suitable for children under 15
RIBČEV LAZ LOCAL MARKER
- Outdoor street food market
- Local products and produce of the
- Bohinjsko/From Bohinj brand
- Live music
- Information point
- Time: 11:00 – 18:00
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IF I’M STILL COMING BY CAR?
Access along the road from the bridge at Ribčev Laz to Ukancand the car park below the Savica Waterfall will only be possible until 9pm. After that time, access will be on foot, by bike or by free public transport. Passenger cars will be directed to the designated car parks in the area of Bohinjska Bistrica and Ribčev Laz.
WHAT IF I’M STAYING IN ONE OF THE ACCOMMODATIONS IN UKANC?
Property owners and guests staying in tourist accommodations on the lake’s southern shore and in Ukanc will be allowed free access by car throughout the day.
WHAT ABOUT TOURIST BUSES?
Tourist buses will be able to park and turn at the car park near the hut Koča pri Savici.