Update: 12 September 2023
CLOSED ROAD NEMŠKI ROVT – SORIŠKA PLANINA: 16 September 2023 9. 2023
- The Bohinj Ski Association is organising the National Cross-Country Rollerskiing Championships on Saturday, 16 September. During the event, the road Nemški Rovt – Soriška planina will be closed from 8:45 to 9:45 and from 10:30 to 11:30. We appreciate your understanding.
ORGANISED SHUTTLE SERVICES IN SEPTEMBER
- In September, lines 1 (Boh. jezero via Spodnja dolina) and 2 (Boh. jezero via Zgornja dolina) run only on Saturdays and Sundays (from 2 September to 24 September).
- Lines 3 (Vogar-Blato via Spodnja dolina), 4 (Vogar-Blato via Zgornja dolina), 5 (Voje) and 8 (Vogar) run from 1 September to 24 September on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Line 7 (Pokljuka) runs daily from 1 September to 17 September.
- In September, lines 5 (Soriška planina) and 9 (Uskovnica) no longer run.
SLOVENIA GREEN – VISITOR SURVEY:
MODIFIED TRAFFIC REGIME ON THE KONJŠČICA PASTURE (POKLJUKA):
- A traffic sign “No traffic for all vehicles towards Konjščica” has been installed on Planina Konjščica – the leaflet can be downloaded from the Parking – Pokljuka area page.
WHICH ROADS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED?
- On the Jelovica plateau, the carriageway of the forest road from Bitenjska Planina, through Ribčeva Planina and on to the starting point for Pečana and Ratitovec is badly damaged. We advise against driving on this road.
ALWAYS PUT SAFETY FIRST IN THE MOUNTAINS!
- Rescue teams are asking all residents and tourists to strictly follow the instructions for safe hiking in the mountains and to choose the safest alternatives to hard-to-reach terrain as their destination. Don’t let your exploit become one of the heartbreaking stories of this year’s heavily overworked mountain rescuers. (in Slovene language, you need translator to read those stories).
- When you go to the mountains, there are three golden rules to follow: the right equipment, the right destination and good information (weather, closed trails, etc.). And, of course, all the other tips for staying safe in the mountains. Let safety always come first!!
- Before you travel, check road conditions, delays and other information that could change your journey time on promet.si.
FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS AND WARNINGS ON CLOSED SECTIONS
- Rescue teams from the field in various municipalities in the Julian Alps report that (especially foreign) tourists ignore roadblocks, go unprepared into the mountains and disregard safety instructions. Some situations are life-threatening. Please help us spread the message about the need for preventive behaviour.