PARK AND RIDE
We promote sustainable mobility in Bohinj by offering park and ride options in the summer season. This also involves free public transport. Transportation is NOT intended for organized groups!
You can test the new Julian Alps timetables app, which makes it easier for you to plan your journeys by public transport. Note: in the test phase, the app only includes seasonal bus and shuttle services organised by the destinations of the Julian Alps, but not the regular public passenger transport lines of Slovenia.
ORGANIZED FREE TRANSPORT
Free summer organized transport has ended on 25. 9. 2022.
We would like to thank all the visitors who have used soft mobility in your discovery of Bohinj and have thus actively contributed to preserving this Alpine pearl for future generations. And our promise is, that we will do our best to improve our services in the future.
We also announce free transport during the Autumn holidays (29 October – 6 November 2022).
Routes 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and routes to Slap Savica and Soriška Planina:
Public transport service providers have their own rules and most do not accept dogs on buses. There are exceptions: guide dogs, police dogs, military dogs, rescue unit dogs and mountain rescue dogs accompanied by a guide and guide dogs with the guided person.
The main public transportation services provider in Bohinj (Arriva) also accepts smaller animals on buses, which are transported in dedicated transport boxes.
Arriva has set the regulations regarding the transport of dogs on the basis of Article 42 of the Decree on the method of implementation of economic public service on passenger public line transport in inner road transport and on the concession of this public service, published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 29/2019 as of 6 May 2019.
(Transport of animals)
(1) Only live animals may be transported with public line transport vehicles, except:
– police dogs, military dogs, rescue unit dogs and mountain rescue dogs accompanied by a guide,
– guide dogs with the guided person,
– small animals as determined in Paragraph 4 of this Article.
(2) A dog must be kept on a leash, wear a muzzle and have an appropriate certificate of veterinary vaccination, valid for the current year.
(3) Dirty and wet dogs may not be transported. If the vehicle is over-occupied, dogs may not be transported except in extraordinary cases.
(4) Small animals can be transported as hand luggage in appropriate transport means, but the passenger shall take all responsibility for the dog and assure that it does not hinder, endanger or disturb other passengers and dirty the vehicle.
Routes 4, 5 and 8:
Transporting a dog is possible only with a mandatory muzzle.
Free organised transport is for individual passengers and NOT for organised groups. If you would like a group transfer (e.g. to Vogar-Blato Crossroad or to Pokljuka), please contact the carriers that offer transport for a fee.