- From Jesenice to Bohinjska Bistrica
- From Nova Gorica to Bohinjska Bistrica
- Continue your ride from Bohinjska Bistrica by bus or taxi
- Slovenian Railways Timetable
Ride by train
Enjoy in train rides that offer great views in all seasons. You can even put your bike or car on the train.
The Bohinj route is one of the most beautiful mountain railways. A ride by steam, ordinary or car train from Jesenice to Nova Gorica is an unforgettable experience. The route also has the longest Slovenian railway tunnel (Bohinj tunnel, 6327 m) and a bridge across the Soča River with the longest stone arch in the world (Solkan bridge, 85 m).
- The price for transporting bikes is €3.40 (for any destination)
- Prior to departure check if the train enables bike transport, because some trains have limited options to transport bikes.
- More about bike transport possibilities offered by Slovenian railways
BY CAR TRAIN
- From Nova Gorica, Most na Soči or Podbrdo to Bohinjska Bistrica and back
- Car train timetable and prices
- Rides through the longest Slovenian tunnel (10 minute ride to Podbrdo)
- Rides every day (stations: Bohinjska Bistrica, Podbrdo, Most na Soči, Nova Gorica)
- Put your car, van, pickup, caravan and bike on the car train
- Check the possibilities offered by the Julian Alps: Bohinj Card.
Travellers with personal vehicles can drive simply, fast and safely by car train from Bohinjska Bistrica to Podbrdo, Most na Soči or Nova Gorica and back. You can enjoy in the beautiful views through the windows of your vehicle, i.e. of Bohinj and the Soča Valley, and experience driving through the longest Slovenian tunnel and get to the destination without any worries.
Contribute to nature preservation by using public transport. Choose a bus that takes you practically anywhere. A regular bus line connects Bohinj with Ljubljana every day of the year. We will do our best that you will not miss your car in Bohinj.
- Past Bled and through Soteska
- Over Pokljuka
- From Podbrdo across Sorica ridge
Every year, Bohinj offers more options for carless mobility. But despite this, car is often the most practical way to travel. If you come to Bohinj by car, we invite you to check parking and free public transport options on our website and avoid stress during heavy traffic periods.