Update: 4 December 2023, at 7:30 am
CLOSED ROUTES, ROADS AND ATTRACTIONS:
- Mostnica Gorge is closed.
- The Hunting Trail (Ribčev Laz – Ukanc, south side of the lake) is closed.
- Some hiking trails are more difficult to pass due to fallen trees.
- The difficult mountain trail over Komarča is closed.
- The Voje-Vogar-Blato road is closed (until 30 April 2024).
ALERTS FOR TRAINS:
- From 4 to 8 December, car-trains run on a shortened route Bohinjska Bistrica – Podbrdo and vice versa due to track works.
- More info: https://potniski.sz.si/en/help-and-travel-updates/
ALWAYS PUT SAFETY FIRST IN THE MOUNTAINS!
there is snow and ice on the trails of our mountains
plan your tour carefully
should be suitable for your psycho-physical abilities
make sure you are properly equipped and wear appropriate footwear (helmet, ice axe….)
Tourist information officers inform your guests about the difficulty of Slovenian mountains in winter conditions
include licensed mountaineering and mountain guides in your tours
keep your mobile phone full , tell your hosts where you are and when you’ll be back
to the mountains only HEALTHY
- Whatever the season, there are three golden rules for hiking and mountaineering: the right equipment, the right destination and good information (weather, closed trails, etc.). And, of course, all the other tips for staying safe in the mountains. Let safety always come first!!
- Don’t let your exploit become one of the heartbreaking stories of this year’s heavily overworked mountain rescuers. (in Slovene language, you need translator to read those stories).
Be careful and safe in mountains. Take care
MY BOHINJ 2030:
- Bohinj is preparing a Strategic Development Plan for the balanced and responsible development of Bohinj through tourism up to 2030.
- Further information and the baseline analysis can be found at the following link: MOJ BOHINJ 2030 (available only in Slovene language).
- Before you travel, check road conditions, delays and other information that could change your journey time on promet.si.
SLOVENIA GREEN – VISITOR SURVEY:
MODIFIED TRAFFIC REGIME ON THE KONJŠČICA PASTURE (POKLJUKA):
- There is a new traffic regime on Planina Konjščica: “No traffic for all vehicles”
- You can download the leaflet on the Parking – Pokljuka area subpage.
FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS AND WARNINGS ON CLOSED SECTIONS
- Rescue teams from the field in various municipalities in the Julian Alps report that (especially foreign) tourists ignore roadblocks, go unprepared into the mountains and disregard safety instructions. Some situations are life-threatening. Please help us spread the message about the need for preventive behaviour.